Is your Coupon File getting full? It might be time to purge the expired ones! See our complete list below of which ones to toss or keep. Also, learn how to donate expired coupon inserts to military families (they can use them up to six months after the expiration date) this is a great way to give back to our troops & their families.
Maintaining organized coupon files helps keep thing clean and efficient to help you to plan your shopping trips and get to the store quicker. Here we will help keep you up to date on which expired coupon inserts to keep and which to toss, so check back often!
Here is a complete list that ranges from January 2017 to Present:
~ 2017 ~
🐝 January 2017
- 1/1/17 – Toss (2) RedPlum & (2) SmartSource & P&G
- 1/8/17 – Keep (2) RedPlum & (2) SmartSource
- 1/15/17 – Keep SmartSource
- 1/22/17 – Keep Red Plum, Keep SmartSource & P&G
- 1/29/17 – Keep (3) RedPlum & Keep SmartSource
🐝 February 2017
- 2/5/17 – Toss RP, Keep SS ($1/1 Purina Friskies Cat Food exp. 5/31)
- 2/12/17 – Keep (2) RP, Keep SS
- 2/18/17 – No Coupon Inserts
- 2/26/17 – Keep RP, Keep SS, Toss P&G
🐝 March 2017
- 3/5/17 – Keep (2) RP, Keep SS
- 3/12/17 – Keep (2) RP, Keep SS
- 3/19/17 – Keep RP, Keep SS
- 3/26/17 – Keep RP, Keep SS
🐝 April 2017
- 4/2/17 – Keep RP, Keep SS, Toss P&G
- 4/9/17 – Keep RP #1, Keep RP #2, Keep SS
- 4/16/17 – No Coupon Inserts
- 4/23/17 – Keep RP, Keep SS
- 4/30/17 – Keep (2) RP, Keep SS, Keep P&G
🐝 May 2017
- 5/7/17 – Keep (2) RP, Keep (2) SS
- 5/14/17 – Keep RP, Keep SS
Buzz Tips to keep your Coupon File organized:
- P&G Coupon inserts expire monthly. So those can usually be tossed as soon as a new one comes out.
- GM Coupon inserts also have a very short expiration date and therefore can be tossed sooner that the rest of the inserts.
Send your expired coupons to the Military!
If you have been couponing for a while now, you are probably accumulating some high value expired coupons. It’s always so painful to see the savings go to waste. Good News is they don’t have to. Military families outside the U.S. can use your expired coupons! Military bases outside of the U.S. (which excludes Hawaii and Alaska) will accept manufacturer coupons up to 6 months past their expiration date. They can use manufacturer coupons only, no store coupons are accepted.
What to do:
- Get a Priority Mail flat rate envelope or box and pack it full. It is the same postage rate to ship to an overseas APO/FPO address is within the U.S. A box takes roughly 3-4 weeks to arrive to an overseas APO/FPO address. An standard envelope takes roughly a week. Priority Mail Boxes and Envelopes are provided for free from USPS, standard domestic rates apply when you mail to an APO or FPO address.
- Choose a Satellite Location to mail your coupons to, or choose an individual family to mail them directly! (If you choose to mail to a family, it is best to mail them out monthly because they are counting on your coupons to help them consistently.)
- No sorting of the manufacturer coupons is necessary! You don’t even have to cut them. Just load them in your package and get them shipped out. Even if you have some expired coupons mixed in with the non-expired ones that is fine too. They will use the ones that are not expired.
Check out some amazing testimonials happening worldwide ➡️ Follow our friends at Coups For Troops on Facebook!
~ Happy savings, organizing and donating!